The Differences Between a Nursing Home and Assisted Living
At each of our four assisted living facilities, we are committed to bringing the best life has to offer for your latter years.
Senior care is not synonymous with a nursing home. There are other options for you or your loved one when the time comes to consider transitioning from the home to a higher level of care.
Perhaps you or your loved one is not at a stage in his or her life where a skilled nursing facility is needed but remaining in the home is not the best option. Assisted living options are available to help those who find themselves in between being at home and needing the services of a nursing home.
It’s important to understand what assisted living is and how it differs from round the clock care in a nursing home.
At The Meadows, our assisted living locations across the southern portion of Alabama, we provide a variety of services to those we serve, such as:
- Assistance with daily needs, such as bathing, dressing and personal care. In addition, we provide help with housekeeping and laundry, as well as transportation services. We are able to assist you or your loved one at whatever level he or she needs when it comes to these services.
- Managing medication needs. Our trained staff is available to help make sure medications are taken as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Activities to keep life interesting and fun – such as games, arts and crafts, day trips and exercise. The activities we offer our residents help them to easily become a part of our assisted living community, while quickly making new friends.
- A safe living environment with the senior adult is top of mind at The Meadows. Our facilities utilize safeguards such as grab bars, call systems and other features to keep you safe at all times and our living spaces take into account those who may need accommodations for wheelchairs and/or walkers.
- Meals that are nutritious … and delicious. Our staff provides delectable menus and scrumptious snacks for our residents. We also adhere to dietary needs for those who need special meals for management of diabetes, heart disease and more.
At The Meadows, we want you or your loved one to enjoy life with assistance as needed and on your own terms. We can provide the needed level of quality care and assistance for the duration of your time in assisted living.